Lutheran Social Services 4th Annual Diaper Drive Is A Little Behind, Donate Now
Unless you've experienced being out of diapers, you don't understand how crucial they really are. There's lots of different reasons why families may not have diapers, but it's proven to be a growing stress in the Northland. That's why the Lutheran Social Services is asking for diaper donations to reach their goal of 25,000 in the month of December.
People do what they have to do. Parents resort to using plastic bags for diapers, some sell their plasma to get money to buy diapers because food stamps don't cover them. Perhaps they've lost their job or are experiencing some other type of crisis, sometimes just paying the heating bills, keeping food on the table and gas in the car takes all of the paycheck and there just isn't enough money for diapers.
This year, more than ever, your help is needed. According to WDIO.com, Luthern Social Services is only at 25% of their goal and we are nearing the end of December. Many people say they just don't know what kind or what size of diaper to buy. All sizes are needed, but keep in mind that the larger are in demand because babies outgrow the smaller sizes so quickly, then stay in these sizes longer. Here's an idea, simplify by buying a gift card to a store that sells diapers and let them buy what is in high demand.
You can drop your donation off at the LSS Crisis Nurseryny Crisis Nursery), 1 East First Street, Suite 301 or one of the drop off locations listed by WDIO.com.
WDIO lists the following locations to drop off your donations:
- Art in the Alley, Miller Hill Mall
- Bent Paddle Brewing Co. Taproom, 1912 W. Michigan St. (Free pint with donation of diapers or $10+)
- Duluth Children’s Museum, 114 S. 29th Ave. W.
- Duluth Grill, 118 S. 27th Ave. W.
- Head of the Lakes United Way, 424 W. Superior St., Room 402
- Lake Superior Magazine Outlet Store, 310 E. Superior St.
- LSS Crisis Nursery, 1 E. First St., Suite 301
- Marshall Hardware, 4415 E. Superior St.
- North Shore Bank of Commerce, Downtown - Hermantown - Lakeside - Woodland
- Pro Print of Duluth, 3920 Airpark Blvd.
- St. Louis Co Auditor's Service Center, Miller Hill Mall
- Sam’s Club, Maple Grove Road, Hermantown
- Super One Foods - Kenwood, Lakeside, Miller Hill, West Duluth
- UMD – Welcome Center in Kirby Center and Children’s Place, Kirby Plaza #260
- UMD Center for Economic Development, Tech Village, 11 E. Superior St. #212
- Zahn Investment Group, 2311 Woodland Ave., Suite 1
Please check with each business for open hours.
Checks or gift cards can be sent to the Nursery and noted “December Diaper Drive.” Keep in mind as we enter into 2017, diapers are needed all year.
Info via: WDIO.com