Traffic and Detours For Christmas City Of The North Parade Here
Getty Images News
This is the second year with the new route of the Christmas City Of The North Parade, authorities predict there will be some traffic concerns. Here is a list of delays and detours for you if you are trying to find parking and a way around.
This year’s Parade starts at 6:20 pm and utilizes 13 blocks of Superior Street, from 9th Avenue East to 4th Avenue West. Parade units will begin lining up at 4pm along London Road between 10th Ave E - 14th Ave E, and the upper side of London Road from 14th Ave E -17th Ave E. The Parade then moves up to 9th Ave E for the start, continues West along to Superior Street to 4th Ave W where Parade units disperse onto Michigan Street. Drivers are urged to use caution when driving in the area of this event.
- London Road will close to vehicle traffic at 4pm from 10th Ave E - 14th Ave E, including 12th and 13th Ave E.
- Superior Street AND Michigan Street will close to vehicle traffic at 5:45pm, Vehicles will be allowed to exit Michigan Street lots and ramps, but will be directed down to the 5th Ave W Off Ramp at 1st Ave W.
- Please be aware of the following parking restrictions. Violators will be tagged and towed.
- No Parking after 12 noon-5 meters in front of the Pickwick near Superior Street on the East side.
- No Parking after 3pm- London Road, both sides, from 10th Ave E to 14th Ave E
- London Road, upper side, from 14th Ave E to 17th Ave E
- 12th and 13th Ave E from London Road to Superior Street
- Jefferson Street from13th to 14th Ave E
- The Rose Garden Parking Lot
- No Parking after 5pm- Superior Street from 10th Ave E to 5th Ave W
- Michigan Street from 5th Ave W to 1st Ave W
- Busses will use 1st Street for Westbound runs and 2nd Street for Eastbound runs.
- Superior Street East bound traffic will be detoured up to 2nd Street at 6th Ave West to continue east bound. West bound traffic will be sent up 14th Ave E from London Road and up 10th Ave E from Superior Street to continue West bound on 1st Street.
- Lake Avenue will be blocked off at 1st Street and at the freeway ramps on the Lake Ave Viaduct. Access to Canal Park, Park Point, and the DECC/Amsoil will be DOWN 5th AVENUE WEST to the connector to Railroad Street, and from the freeway exits onto 5th Ave W and South Lake Ave.
ST. LUKE'S HOSPITAL ACCESS:
- If coming from the EAST: Take 1st Street directly to the Hospital. Use either the parking ramp onto the lower side of 1st Street between 10th - 12th Avenues East, or the Emergency Department on the upper side of 1st Street between 10th and 9th Avenues East.
- If coming from the WEST: Take 2nd Street East to 10th Ave E, turn down to 1st Street, turn right to the Emergency Department entrance on the upper side of 1st Street. To access the Parking Ramp, take 2nd Street East to 12th Avenue East, turn down to 1st Street, turn right to Ramp on the lower side of 1st Street.
SUGGESTED PARADE PARKING:
For the convenience of the thousands of people who converge on the Downtown for this annual event, free parade parking is being offered after 5:00PM at the following ramps:
Shoppers Auto Park—18 N. 2nd Ave West
Fourth Avenue Auto Park—402 W. Michigan Street
US Bank Ramp—230 W. Michigan Street
Tech Village Ramp—10 E. First Street
1st and 1st Lot– 123 East First Street
Medical District Ramp—302 E. First Street
Fitger’s—600 E. Superior Street
Phoenix Parking Lot—98 N. 4th Ave West
St. Luke’s Hospital Ramp—1020 E. First Street
St. Luke’s Employee Parking Lot—119 N. 12th Ave East