Spirit Mountain Hosts Fatty Fat Bike Race Weekend
Fat bikers will congregate this weekend for fun, racing, demos, food, music, and awareness.
The two-day bike festival will include a Fat Bike Cross Country, Staged Downhill race and a Head to Head Dual Slalom race, where bikers, skiers and snowboarders race it out for a $500 cash prize.
Male and Female categories for both the Cross Country and Downhill Races. The event features over $5,000 in cash and prizes. For even more excitement, the festival has added Nordic Skiing and even a 5K course race to the event.
Here's the breakdown for the weekend.
Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.
- Cross Country Race Starts at 9 a.m. (Includes Nordic Skiing first, followed by Fat Bike)
- Wild Winter Wipeout (On-hill 5K running race)
- Down Hill Race at 1 p.m. (Fat Bike)
- Dual Slalom at 4 p.m. (Fat Bike, Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding)
- Head to Head Slalom Race, time to be determined, but planning around 6 p.m. under the lights. Skiers, snowboarders and bikers will be paired up for a winner takes all event with $500 cash prize awarded.
- Silent Auction from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. supporting Phase 2 of All-Weather Trail
- Loose in the Moose After Party featuring live music at the Moosehead Saloon in Main Chalet.
Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Fat Bike Demos available beginning at 10 a.m.
- Spirit Mountain Fat Bike Sunday, opportunity to utilize the downhill, lift-served fat biking trails and ski slopes with a discounted ticket of $25 for all race participants.
For Additional Information Contact:
Brandy Ream, Executive Director 218-624-8501 firstname.lastname@example.org