5 Northland Tree Farms To Get A Real Minnesota or Wisconsin Grown Christmas Tree
The Holidays are in full swing, the weather is getting cold and people are starting to get ready to celebrate this Christmas in person (hopefully) with family and friends. If you are someone that likes a real Christmas Tree here is a list of experts who sell these trees for a living and can help you get a tree that will suit your needs and hopefully with care will last until Christmas. Of course, you can find some trees on roadside stands or set up outside the big box stores, but these are local businesses that would appreciate your business.
Back in 1987 Farmers, Doug & Lois Hoffbauer planted their first Christmas Trees on the family farm. Today, Doug and Lois along with their son Jesse Hoffbauer and his wife Allison plant thousands of Christmas trees each year. T.
Pre-cut trees are available at Duluth Farmers Market: E 3rd St &, N 14th Ave E, Duluth, MN 55812, Super One West Duluth (Starting November 26) 5300 Bristol St, Duluth, MN and Cut Your Own (Starting November 26) at HoffBauer Tree Farm.
They are located at 3361 Lindahl Road in Duluth.
Find them online at hoffbauertreefarm.com
You can choose to cut your own tree or pre-cuts are also available. Located just out of Carlton MN within 30 minutes of Duluth and Superior. Types of trees available are Balsam Fir, Fraser Fir, various species of Spruce, and some Norway Pine. They also sell wreaths, garlands, tree stands, and other products.
Hours are: Monday-Friday 11 am-4 pm, Saturday & Sunday 10 am-4 pm Cash or PayPal only, They are not accepting checks or credit cards this year.
Located at 1867 E Chub Lake Road.
Find them online via Facebook
They are at Duluth Farmers Market from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on weekends and Monday-Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Located at 3361 Lindahl Rd in Duluth.
Find them online at farmerdoug.com/christmas-trees
If you want to take a little road trip about 40 minutes from Duluth then this would be a great trip to go and get your tree. They have been raising trees for 40 years. Come handpick your tree from the large selection. They will cut it down and haul it to your vehicle for you too.
Located at 4509 South Windmill Road South, South Range, Wisconsin.
Find them online via Facebook
Cut your own tree or get one cut for you. 5 different types of trees are available and photo packages available too. Award-winning trees since 2014! It is a bit of a drive from the Twin Ports, but is all part of the holiday experience for these premiere trees!
Located at 16076 Groningen Road in Sandstone, Minnesota.
Find them online at happylandtreefarms.com
How to care for a real Christmas Tree according to the Minnesota Christmas Tree Association:
- Make A Fresh Cut: Before you bring the tree into your house and place it in a stand, re-cut the trunk at least one inch from the bottom just before putting it in the stand. Even if the tree was just cut, cut again so it can drink water.
- Keep your tree away from a heat source: Heat sources like radiators, fireplaces, even computers speed up evaporation and moisture in your tree.
- Water Right Away: Place your tree in a large tree stand with warm water. The stand should hold at least 1 gallon of water.
- Don't Add Anything To The Water: Plain tap water is best, do not add any additives.
- Check The Water Level Daily: Do not allow the water level to drop below the fresh cut or the stem will reseal and be unable to drink. It is not unusual for a tree to drink 2 gallons of water the first day it is the stand.