What’s New With The Tower Avenue Road Project? An Update Of The Progress As Of August 13
Work is progressing nicely on the Tower Avenue construction project. Officials with the Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce report that the project is on schedule.
Here’s what’s been happening lately:
- Sanitary sewer mainline was completed to midblock between 13th and 14th Streets.
- Water main was installed along 13th Street (east and west) and along Tower Avenue to 14th street.
- Sanitary sewer and water services were installed between 12th and 13th street. Storm sewer began installing mainline along Tower between 12th and 13th street.
- The grading crew finished through 12th street and installed all sub base and base material. The base was then prepared for concrete paving between the RR tracks and 12th street.
- The concrete crew continued to work on sidewalk between 4th and 8th street and placed red concrete at various intersections. Planter box walls were poured at 11th and 12th street and the screen wall was poured. Electrical and irrigation work continued between Winter and 12th Streets.
- Anticipated work schedule for the week of August 12, 2013:
- Sanitary sewer is scheduled to finish from south of 13th street to Belknap.
- The water main crew is scheduled to begin working on services between 13th and 14th street and continue to the south towards Belknap Street.
- It is anticipated that Storm sewer will be complete to 13th street as well as grading and backfilling with base and subbase material.
- Mainline concrete pavement from the RR tracks to 12th street is scheduled for Monday August 12.
For more project details and community news, click here.