Tower Avenue Road Construction Update For September 6
I can tell you first-hand that progress is being made on Tower Avenue in Superior. From what I can see at the barricades at Belknap and Tower, it appears that the project is on it’s way into the home stretch.
So what has occurred over the past week since our last update?
- Curb and gutter was placed along the medians between the Winter Street and 12thStreet. Curb and gutter work on the sides of Tower Avenue has begun between 12thand Belknap Street.
- Concrete sidewalk has been placed in various locations between Winter Street and 11thStreet and the concrete driving lane and bike lane have been placed between 12thStreet and Belknap Street.
- Utility poles at Winter Street have been removed and power has been installed underground.
- The railroad has completed work on the northern crossing.
- Screen walls have been poured for the remaining locations between 13th and Belknap Street.
Here’s what’s on the agenda for next week:
- Concrete sidewalk is scheduled to continue between Winter Street and 12th Street. Concrete intersections, parking lanes and left turn lanes are scheduled to be placed throughout the week.
- Light bases are scheduled to be installed between 12th and Belknap Street.
- Brick Masonry is scheduled to be installed in the intersection planters between 4th and 8th Street.
- The railroad is scheduled to replace the southern concrete crossing surface. Topsoil restoration will continue between 4th Street and 8th Street.
Anticipation is mounting, and it looks like the project should be completed on time by mid-fall.