Tower Avenue Road Construction Update For August 30
Things are progressing nicely on Tower Avenue in Superior, where crews have been rebuilding the roadway in it’s first major re-work since it was first plotted out. Work is on schedule, but many items remain to be finished.
As we get ready to update you on what’s been going on and what’s to come – perhaps the most important detail pertains to the Labor Day Weekend. Work was expected to be suspended at Noon on Friday, August 30 and remain on holiday until Tuesday, September 3.
So – what’s been going on?
- Grading and backfilling with subbase and base has been completed to Belknap Street.
- •Concrete pavement has been placed in the left turn lanes between 12th and Winter Street and sidewalk has been placed in various locations at Winter Street.
- •Concrete curb and gutter has been placed along the center medians.
- •Concrete planters have been formed and poured at 12th, 13th, and 14th Street.
- •Signal bases and pull boxes have been installed at Winter Street, and light pole bases have been installed between the railroad tracks and Broadway Street.
- •Storm sewer inlets have been repaired or replaced on 3rd street. The first layer of Asphalt has been placed on Winter Street.
Officials expect a busy week ahead. Here are their expected plans:
- •Concrete sidewalk is scheduled to continue between Winter Street and 12th Street.
- •Concrete mainline paving is scheduled to be completed from 12th Street to Belknap Street with curb and gutter to follow.
- •The railroad is scheduled to replace the concrete crossing surface midweek.
- •Topsoil restoration will continue between 4th Street and 8th Street.
As always, up-to-date information is readily available from the Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce.