What Are The Post Office’s Deadlines For Christmas Packages And Mail?
'Tis the season to send Christmas cards, letters, and packages! But what's the latest that you can send your mail and expect it to arrive at your destination?
Here are the deadlines that the United States Postal Service has offered for the 2014 Christmas season:
To ensure that holiday mail and packages are delivered in time for Christmas, the Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines:
- Dec. 2 – First-Class Mail International
- Dec. 2 – Priority Mail International
- Dec. 10 – Priority Mail Express International
- Dec. 15 – Standard Post
- Dec. 17 – Global Express Guaranteed
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 23 – Priority Mail Express*
The dates listed above are the earliest deadlines for international and military mail.
*Priority Mail Express postage refund eligibility is adjusted for shipments mailed Dec. 22–25.
To learn more, visit USPS.com