Get To Know The Potential First Ladies (And Men) Of The 2016 Race; Can You Match The First Name With Their Respective Spouse?
We're well over a year away from the Presidential Election of 2016 and the field of declared candidates is unusually large; Almost 25 people are in the running between the Democrats and the Republicans. With that many politicians vying for the Oval Office, it's no wonder that the average American can't name all of the candidates off the top of their head - yet alone their respective spouses names. Can you?
What follows is a list of the first names of the spouses of each of the declared candidates for both parties. This list is complete as of this writing and doesn't include any rumored candidates (Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Mitt Romney) or Rick Perry - who suspended his candidacy this past week. It's also shy two candidates - Jim Gilmore and Lindsey Graham - who are presently single.
Can you name the POTUS-envy spouses? (The answers follow the list)
- Karen (#1)
- Karen (#2)
- Hong Lee
- Mary Pat
- William (Bill)
The list of potential First Ladies/First Men includes some unique names. How well did you do in matching them up? Here are the answers:
- Lacenda Carson has been married to Ben Carson since 1975.
- Heidi Cruz has been married to Ted Cruz since 2001.
- Bettina Lessig is married to Lawrence Lessig.
- Melania Trump has been married to Donald Trump since 2005.
- Karen Santorum has been married to Rick Santorum since 1990.
- Karen Kasich has been married to John Kasich since 1997.
- Hong Lee Webb has been Jim Webb since 2005.
- Mary Pat Christie has been married to Chris Christie since 1986.
- Supriya Jindal has been married to Bobby Jindal since 1997.
- Columba Bush has been married to Jeb Bush since 1974.
- Jane Sanders has been married to Bernie Sanders since 1988.
- William (Bill) Clinton has been married to Hillary Clinton since 1975.
- Janet Huckabee is married to Mike Huckabee.
- Tonette Walker has been married to Scott Walker since 1993.
- Libby Pataki is married to George Pataki.
- Stephanie Chafee is married to Lincoln Chafee.
- Jeanette Rubio has been married to Marco Rubio since 1998.
- Katie O'Malley has been married to Martin O'Malley since 1990.
- Frank Fiorina has been married to Carly Fiorina since 1985.
- Kelley Paul has been married to Rand Paul since 1990.