Duluth’s 2020 ‘Drive-In Movies In The Park’ Adds More Spots
Downtown Duluth's Drive-In "Movies In The Park" has been such a great success, they have added more "seats" at a discounted price.
The way to get into the New and Improved Drive-In is to pay $10 a car, just like you used to when the Drive-ins were all around. So you can still pack the car like the old days, and this becomes something you can get the whole family into and still make the outing affordable As I said before, organizers are not making any profits on this small charge. Because of the move, there are some costs that have come up and the money is to offset the costs incurred.
Now there are new "seats" available when you buy the ticket here, Downtown Duluth has added some places to park in the parking ramp in order to make room for more people to watch the movies. These new spots will sell for $5 a spot.
After you have purchased your ticket for wherever you want to park, it's still the same drill. You show your ticket on your phone, tablet, or print out at the door, then you will be shown where to park. The west side is where the screen is and there is a place to tune your radio so you can listen to the movie. There are concessions at the venue. Masks are not mandatory but they are strongly recommended.
Drive-In "Movies in the Park" posts all their movies on the GCD Website, where you can purchase tickets, here are some of the rules.
- The Parking lot will open 1 1/2 hours before the show.
- Each vehicle is entitled to one parking space.
- For safety reasons, no one is allowed to sit on top of their vehicle for any reason.
- Large or tall trucks, vans, or SUVs, will be parked in the back so everyone can see the screen.
- People are asked to turn off their headlights for the show.
- Satellite bathrooms are available.
- Pets are allowed but must be kept quiet so everyone can enjoy the movie, and please clean up after your pet.
Click here for a listing of movies.