Wedneday Night At The Races Continues For 14 And Under To Enjoy Racing
More and more kids are getting involved with running and racing, which I love to see, running helped me exercise and set goals. The Young Athletes Foundation and Grandma’s Marathon are holding the Wednesday night at the races for an introduction or to continue their joy of running. Kids 14 and under can race in a variety of locations, this week it's Griggs Field.
The second week of this free race series will be held this Wednesday, August 3 at Griggs Field on the UMD Campus. Registration is between 5:00 p.m. and 5:50 p.m. each race night, and the races begin at 6 p.m. On average, 400 children take part in the races every week!
Here are the dates and locations for this Wednesday and to the end:
- August 3: **UMD Campus – Griggs Field
- August 10: Lincoln Park Middle School (3215 West 3rd Street, Duluth)
- August 17: **Hermantown High School Track (4335 Hawk Circle Drive)
- August 24: **NBC Spartan Spots Complex- Superior High School (2600 Catlin Ave)
- August 31: Wade Stadium – Followed by an end-of-the-season picnic (101 N 35th Ave W)
- Wheelchair division – 1/8 mile
- 4 & under – 1/8 mile
- 5 & 6 years old – 1/8 mile
- 7 & 8 years old – 1/4 mile
- 9 & 10 years old – 1/4 mile
- 11 & 12 years old – 1/2 mile
- 13 & 14 years old – 1/2 mile
Everyone gets a ribbon and there are drawings for prizes too.