UWS Kids Triathalon Happens August 10
Here's a great way to get kids involved with athletic activities and let them have some fun at the same time. Saturday, August 10 is the date of the UWS Kids Triathalon, sponsored by Camus Rec and happening at the Marcovich Wellness Center. Kids age 6 through 14 are invited to take part.
Participants will compete based on their age level:
- Kids 6 - 8 - will bike 1/2 mile, run 1/4 mile, and swim 25 yards.
- Kids 9 - 11 - will bike 1 mile, run 1/2 mile, and swim 50 yards.
- Kids 12 - 14 - will bike 2 miles, run 1 mile, and swim 100 yards/
Cost for each participant is $15.00. All participants must have their own bike, bike helmet, running shoes, and swim wear. Every finisher will be recognized with a medal and a hot dog. All participants also receive a water bottle and race "goodie" bag.
Check in starts at 7:30 AM the morning of the race at the registration table that is located by the WITC Trophy Case. Races will be done on a staggered-start based on age levels as follows:
- Kids 6 - 8: Race begins at 8:10 AM
- Kids 9 - 11: Race begins at 8:50 AM
- Kids 12 - 14: Race begins at 9:30 AM
Registration information is available online. Click here for details.