Superior Public Library Opens Doors By Appointment
Book lovers rejoice! The Superior Public Library will be reopening their doors - by appointment - starting Monday, June 15. Patrons will be able to schedule a time that they can come in to browse the shelves and make their check-outs. The appointment reopening joins Superior Public Library's curbside service - which has been available for most of the time during the COVID-19 Pandemic shutdown.
The ability to schedule an appointment to enter the library will please book lovers. While the curbside service allowed access to materials, many people who like to read also like to browse; this will allow them that option - until the doors can fully-reopen at some point in the future.
To make an appointment to enter the Superior Public Library, just call 715-394-8860 during the staffed hours (Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Patrons will be able to make a one-hour appointment. To make a reservation, the library will need some information:
- Your name
- Whether or not you will need access to one of the library's public computers during your visit
- The number of people who will be coming with you.
The library also has some guidelines and regulations concerning appointments:
- The number of patrons allowed in the library is limited and staff reserves the right to manage that total number.
- Please continue to use the outdoor book drop to return library materials (including DVDs, audiobooks, and music CDs). The Superior Public Library is asking patrons to not bring returns directly into the library building.
- Masks are strongly encouraged - but not required. They will have masks available if you need one.
- You will be expected to practice social distancing while in the library.
- Children under 16 years of age will not be allowed in the library without a parent or guardian.
Like we mentioned above, Superior Public Library's curbside pickup will continue until further notice. To use the service, call 715-394-8860 to make your material requests and to schedule a pickup appointment. The library is offering extended curbside appointments on Tuesday evenings until 6:00 PM.