Tower Avenue Road Update; Superior Officials Are Happy With The Progress; Project Is On Track
The major road work on Tower Avenue north of Belknap in Superior started early this summer and is anticipated to last into the fall season. Many people are wondering how it’s shaping up. Here’s an update.
According to officials with the Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce, the project is coming along nicely. Eye-witness reports from the work site concur.
So what are they working on this week?
Anticipated work schedule for the week of July 15, 2013:
• Sanitary sewer is not scheduled to resume this week.
• The watermain crew is scheduled to continue watermain from Broadway to 12th street.
• The storm sewer crew is scheduled to install storm sewer grit chambers at 5th , 7th and 8th Streets.
• The grading crew is going to finish up subcutting and backfilling with subbase and base aggregate at Broadway Street and then they will move back up and finish subcutting the east intersections at 5th 7th and 8th streets after the grit chambers have been installed.
• Concrete is scheduled to be placed in the left turn lanes and parking lanes from 6th street to the railroad tracks and various curb and gutter and intersections will be placed between 4th and 8th streets.
To stay up to date, click here: News – Superior-Douglas County Chamber of Commerce.