St. Louis County Offers Disposal Boxes For National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
Saturday, April 29 is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day and officials with St. Louis County want to make it easy for Northlanders to find drop-off sites. The county has partnered with local law enforcement and the Western Lake Superior Sanitary District to coordinate the Take It To The Box Program.
Via the Take It To The Box Program, residents will find 12 different location sites to bring their old, no longer needed prescriptions. Drop-off boxes are located at the following places:
- Public Safety Building - Duluth
- West Duluth Police Substation
- Hermantown Police Department
- Proctor Police Department
- Babbitt Police Department
- Chisholm Police Department
- Ely City Hall
- Eveleth Police Department
- Floodwood City Hall
- Gilbert Police Department
- St. Louis County Sheriff's Office - Hibbing
- St. Louis County Sheriff's Office - Virginia
Prescriptions should be left in their original containers and sealed in clear plastic bags. While you can cross off the name of the patient, authorities do ask that you leave the name of medication visible - or, write it on the bag or container; the type of prescription is helpful so that officials know how to properly process it.
To learn more, click here.