Environmental Impact Statement For Highway 53 Relocation Project Is Released; Learn About The Ways You Can Review It For Yourself
Even though we're in the "off season" for road construction projects, there is plenty of movement on the Highway 53 Relocation Project that is planned for 2017. Now that the state has firmed up plans and selected an alternate route, the work on what impact this roadway will have on our environment is underway.
Officials with the Minnesota Department of Transportation have released the Environmental Impact Statement details for the project; The public is invited to review this information at their leisure.
Persons interested in looking at the statement can see it in person at the following locations:
- Eveleth Public Library, 614 Pierce Street, Eveleth, MN
- Gilbert Public Library, 17 N. Broadway, Gilbert, MN
- Mountain Iron Public Library, 5742 Mountain Avenue, Mt. Iron, MN
- Virginia Public Library, 215 5th Avenue S, Virginia, MN
- Duluth Public Library, 520 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN
- MNDOT – District 1 Duluth Office, 1123 Mesaba Avenue, Duluth, MN
- Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
The information is also available online by clicking here.