Arrowhead/Haines Road Area By Highway 53 To See Construction Starting July 31
A busy section of roads in Hermantown will see some significant construction work starting Monday, July 31. Crews with St. Louis County will be working on the area west of Arrowhead Road between Highway 53 and Haines Road - making improvements that will ease the traffic congestion.
The first part of the project will focus on constructing a new frontage road between the existing Holiday Station Store and the Menard Drive/Kolar dealership. After that, the scope of the work will evolve and drivers will see significant delays.
Here's a breakdown of the rest of the work expected to be completed:
- New traffic signals at Menard Drive and Arrowhead Road
- New sidewalks on the north side of Arrowhead Road between Highway 53 and Menards Drive
- Resurfacing of Arrowhead Road between Highway 53 to just past Haines Road
- A new west-bound lane between Menard Drive and Haines Road
- Upgrades to the traffic signal at the intersection of Arrowhead and Haines Roads
The project is expected to be wrapped up by the end of October.