Winter Bike Week Happens Feb 2-9 In Duluth
It wasn't that many years ago that people packed away their two-wheel bicycles at the first sign of snow or cold temperatures in the weather forecast. Now - with Fat Bikes and other advances - enthusiasts are not only "grinning and bearing it" in the winter, they're fully-embracing the challenges and rewards it brings.
A series of community events have been planned to celebrate Winter Bike Week here in the Twin Ports. February 2 through 9, a variety of educational workshops and family-friendly bike rides have been scheduled to demonstrate that winter biking is fun, practical, and very accessible in our community.
The event is being coordinated by Zeitgeist along with a variety of other partner organizations.
Here is a schedule of events:
- Feb 2: Sub-24 Bikepacking and Winter Camping Trip, 5:30 PM - Spokengear Outdoor & Cyclery
- Feb 4: Winter Bike Commuting 101, 5:30 - 7:00 PM - Duluth Folk School
- Feb 5: Ladies Mountain Bike Night, 5:30 - 7:30 PM - Hartley Nature Center
- Feb 6: Winter Bike Week: Bike and Walk to School Day, 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Feb 7: Duluth-Superior Draft: A People for Bikes Meet-Up, 5:30 - 7:00 PM - Zeitgeist Teatro Zuccone
- Feb 8: International Winter Bike to Work Day, 6:30 AM - 9:30 PM - MN Power Plaza
- Feb 8: Bike to Work Day Group Ride, 7:30 AM - meet at Rose Garden
- Feb 9: Bikes & Bites Tour, 4:00 - 7:00 PM - Zeitgeist Arts Cafe
To learn more, click here.