Silly Christmas Songs That Will Make You Laugh
Will all the serious Christmas songs that are out about the story of Christmas, it's always fun to find some fun Christmas songs.
I have worked in record stores, writing, engineering singers and bands, producing music, and radio. So, I have been around all types of music and was surprised to see that there were all kinds of Christmas Music. So I have collected the silly ones and shared some of them with you.
Sean Morey Dear Santa, always has funny songs but this one is funny and is a favorite every year.
Weird Al Yankovic, from "Bad Hair Day" this is the last song on the album. Done in the style of Soul Asylum and the Kinks. It was released as a single in 1996, "The Night Santa Went Crazy"
This one pokes fun at the fact that there are so many Holidays and that no one says Merry Christmas anymore. So here is the progressive Christmas singers.
Porky Pig, doing his version of Blue Christmas. According to Al.com Joe B. Crowe of the Birmingham News, The song was done by voice actor Denny Brownlee on the John Boy and Billy radio show that aired for years in Birmingham on WZRR 99.5 FM. It's on the "John Boy & Billy Christmas Album," downloadable on iTunes.The "official" artist is "Seymore Swine and the Squealers," after Warner Bros. threatened a legal smackdown.
The Weather Girls-"Dear Santa (Bring Me A Man This Christmas)" Normally known for doing disco and dance hits, here they are asking for a man. On the album "Success", the same album with "It's Raining Men", this song was co-written by Paul Schaffer of the CBS Orchestra from David Letterman.
Here's the number one song according to fans
According to Music Outfitters, here is the top 20
1.The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - The Chipmunks
2. The Twelve Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie
3. Nuttin' for Christmas - Stan Freberg
4. All I Want for Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
5. You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch - Thurl Ravenscroft
6. White Trash Christmas - Bob Rivers
7. Jingle Bells - The Singing Dogs
8. Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy
9. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd
10. Christmas At Ground Zero - "Weird Al" Yankovic
11. A Christmas Carol - Tom Lehrer
12. Osama Got Run Over By a Reindeer - Bob Rivers
13. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayle Peevey
14, Santa Claus Is Watching You - Ray Stevens
15. Christmas Dragnet - Stan Freberg & Daws Butler
16. I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas - Yogi Yorgesson
17. Dominick the Donkey (The Italian Christmas Donkey) - Lou Monte
18. Redneck 12 Days of Christmas - Jeff Foxworthy
19. Snoopy's Christmas - The Royal Guardsmen
20. Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo - South Park