MNDOT Adds New Features To 511 Information System
New features await drivers who use the 511 information system as the Minnesota Department of Transportation makes upgrades and improvements to their digital platforms. The changes come as the system logged more than one million users during the past year.
Whether you use the page-based 511 system or the mobile app, here's what you can expect to see that's new:
- Personalize Your 511: Allows users the chance to enter up to 20 commonly-used routes to make the experience more customized.
- Smart 511: Similar to the Personalize Your 511, but this works on the smartphone app.
- Citizen Reporting: Drivers can submit road conditons to be shared along their route with others.
- Tell Me: Drivers can receive hands-free and eyes-free audio notifications on their smartphones about road conditions.
- Traffic Delay: Users can click on icons where accidents are located to get more in-depth details about the situartion.
- Road Weather Information System Alert: This system details more-specific details about the weather along your route.