Minnesotans React To WWE At The Xcel Energy Center In St. Paul
WWE Monday Night Raw came to the Xcel Energy Center on Monday, October 3rd, 2022. Here's how some Minnesotans reacted to it.
It was quite the lineup for WWE to be back in St. Paul. Here was the night's card according to the Xcel:
- Matt Riddle and Seth Rollins finally meet face-to-face before their what should be epic Fight Pit Match at Extreme Rules with a No Contact Clause.
- Candice LeRae was set to take on Dakota Kai.
- Otis faced Johnny Gargano.
- The phenomenal AJ Styles teamed up with Rey Mysterio to take on Judgement Day’s Finn Balor and Damian Priest, who were accompanied by Rey's son.
- The hometown kid from Minnesota, Chad Gable took on the Monster, Braun Strowman. Gable even won a state wrestling championship at Excel years ago.
The show also promised appearances by, RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair, United States Champion Bobby Lashley, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions, and other superstars.
I was wondering with Brock Lesnar was going to make an appearance since he's another Minnesota boy. Some Minnesotans took to Twitter to react to the show:
It does get cold in Minnesota, but it wasn't that cold last night.
Looks like there was some chaos backstage too:
Take wrestling for what it is. A lot of people still enjoy it. I remember as a kid, my mom took my best friend to see WCW at the DECC in Duluth. I remember waiting outside and getting a pic with Sid Vicious. Such a cool memory. Below is highlights of last night's event in St. Paul: