Updated Snowfall Totals Around Northern Minnesota + Wisconsin From February 22-23, 2023 Storm
The storm spanning Wednesday and into Thursday was billed as a potentially "historic" weather event. Early forecasts suggested around a foot of snow in parts of the Twin Ports area and upwards of two feet in places like the Twin Cities and on the Bayfield Penninsula.
While most places didn't see quite as much as was forecasted earlier in the week, there are still a few places that saw some snow amounts that made things challenging for people.
Thanks, in part, to Lake Superior enhancing snowfall totals of the top spots in the Northland saw over two feet in the most recent report.
The map below shows a general overview of where the heaviest snow has fallen. While it gives you a general idea there are places that got higher amounts. Take, for example, near Ashland. While the map shows roughly 8-12 inches, there's a spot that got over two feet. Additionally, some places in the Twin Cities saw up to 20 inches, going beyond what is indicated in the map.
Here are the most recent snowfall totals from reports collected around the Northland by the National Weather Service:
- Benoit, WI - 26 inches
- Washburn, WI - 17 inches
- Cambridge, MN - 17 inches
- Cornucopia, WI - 16 inches
- Odanah, WI - 15 inches
- Ashland, WI (3 miles south) - 12.5 inches
- Hawthorne, WI - 10 inches
- Oliver, WI (5 miles east) - 10 inches
- Delta, WI - 9.3
- Moquah, WI - 9.1 inches
- Herbster, WI - 9 inches
- Maple, WI - 8.4 inches
- Finlayson, MN - 8 inches
- Holyoke, MN - 8 inches
- Mahtowa, MN - 7.6 inches
- Gary New Duluth - 7 inches
- Kettle River, MN 7 inches
- Ashland, WI - 7 inches
- Wrenshall, MN - 6.7 inches
- Red Cliff, WI - 6.5 inches
- Moose Lake, MN - 6.5 inches
- Duluth NWS Office - 6.4 inches
- Cloquet, MN - 6 inches
- Amnicon Falls State Park, WI - 6 inches
- Solon Springs, WI - 5.9 inches
- Hayward, WI - 5.8 inches
- Sturgeon Lake, MN - 4.4 inches
- Hermantown, MN - 4.4 inches
- Lester Park Duluth, MN - 3.5 inches
- Tamarack, MN - 3 inches
- Wright, MN - 2 inches
After seeing around 10 degrees on Friday, temperatures will warm into the teens on Saturday and 20s on Sunday.