I-35 Tunnels Lane Closure Happens May 5
Some electrical work will necessitate the closure of a driving lane through the I-35 tunnels in Duluth on Tuesday, May 5. The right lane will be closed from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in order to allow work crews with the Minnesota Department of Transportation access to the project.
Even during the Stay at Home Order issued by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz, MNDOT road work has been identified as a critical service. The agency is being as flexible as possible with their work schedules during this period when traffic volumes are lower - to keep them moving forward and minimizing the impact to motorists.
MNDOT offers the following safety tips in regards to summer work projects:
- Slow down when approaching and navigate through with caution.
- Stay alert - work zones constantly change.
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment.
- Obey posted speed limits. The fine for a violation in a work zone is $300.
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel.
- Be patient; expect delays - especially during peak travel times.
Click here for information about all of the road projects scheduled for the summer of 2020 by the Minnesota Department of Transportation.