Highway 18 Culvert Repairs Continue Week Of May 18
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is conducting focused culvert repairs throughout District 1 this summer - resulting in a variety of projects throughout the Northland. One of those culvert repair projects is happening on Highway 18.
According to MNDOT's timetable, the repairs will continue the week of May 18. Drivers using Highway 18 will see the roadway reduced to a single lane with a signal-controlled bypass between Highway 61 and Highway 27. In place will be a 12-foot lane restriction.
For the time being - as the COVID-19 Pandemic response is in place, MNDOT is working hard to adhere to Governor Tim Walz's Stay at Home executive order. Road work has been identified as a Critical Service by the state and will continue on.
Here are some important reminders from MNDOT about safety in regards to this specific project as well as any of the projects you might encounter this summer:
- Slow down when approaching a work zone
- Use caution when navigating through the marked-off work area
- Stay alert - work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey the posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient
- Expect delays - especially during peak travel times
For more information about this specific project or any of the scheduled road work across the state, click here to visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation's online project page.