Highway 169 Ditch Maintenance Happens May 19-26
A ditch maintenance project is scheduled to occur along Highway 169 in Grand Rapids. The week-long project is expected to get started on Tuesday, May 19 and last until May 26 as long as the weather and the project cooperates. The Minnesota Department of Transportation is alerting drivers to the work zone that will be created.
While the ditch maintenance work is being performed, MNDOT will have the northbound outside lake closed at Johnson Lane and the railroad bridge. Work will occur during the daytime hours of 6:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
For the time being - as the COVID-19 Pandemic response is in place, MNDOT is working hard to adhere to Governor Tim Walz's Stay at Home executive order. Road work has been identified as a Critical Service by the state and will continue on.
Here are some important reminders from MNDOT about safety in regards to this specific project as well as any of the projects you might encounter this summer:
- Slow down when approaching a work zone
- Use caution when navigating through the marked-off work area
- Stay alert - work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey the posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient
- Expect delays - especially during peak travel times
For more information about this specific project or any of the scheduled road work across the state, click here to visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation's online project page.