Coca Cola + Minute Maid Recall Details
The Coca Cola Company has issued a wide-spread voluntary recall notice on a variety of their beverage products. The notice involves their Coca Cola and Sprite soft drinks and Minute Maid juices.
The problem was originally disclosed as being due to an "undisclosed foreign matter"; since the original recall notice, the company has further clarified that statement to include the fact that the concern is with "metal pieces" in the beverage containers; some news sources are reporting those "metal pieces" to be "bolt(s) or washer(s)".
While the recall started on the East Coast, the notice has shifted to include southeastern states and parts of the Midwest. Customers are urged not to follow geographical descriptions and instead double-check the batch and lot numbers to be sure.
Here are the specific details as they relate to the recalled Coca Cola, Sprite, and Minute Maid beverage products:
- Coca Cola - 12 ounce cans - Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B
- Coca Cola - 12 ounce cans - Date Code: AUG 1522 WM C
- Sprite - 12 ounce cans - Date Code: AUG 1522 WM B
- Minute Maid - Berry Punch - Sold in the 50 fl ounce (1.8 QT) 1.75 L carton - UPC Number: 025000047664 - Date Code(s): JAN 0422 NP and JAN 0522 NP, Batch Code: 0010323455 and 0010259344
- Minute Maid - Strawberry Lemonade - Sold in the 50 fl ounce (1.8 QT) 1.75 L carton - UPC Number: 025000019708 - Date Code: JAN 0322 NP, Batch Code: 0010259346
- Minute Maid - Fruit Punch - Sold in the 50 fl ounce (1.8 QT) 1.75 L carton - UPC Number: 025000047725 - Date Code: JAN 0522 NP, Batch Code: 0010323454
The Coca Cola Company is urging customers to check the product details against what they may have in their homes; the nature of the way customers purchase beverages and the long shelf life mean that a variety of the recalled products stored for future consumption.
If you have any of the recalled beverages, you're asked to not consume them. Throw the product away or seek out a refund.