City Of Superior Releases Brush Pickup Details For 2022
Spring is definitely the clean up season. And the City of Superior makes it easy for residents with a variety of annual cleanup drives and opportunities for free landfill days.
Another one of those annual events this time of year is the annual Brush Pickup; the City of Superior has just released the details for this year (2022).
Generally speaking, this years Brush Cleanup Schedule for Superior will occur during the five weeks of May - starting on Monday, May 2. Similar to other years is the coordinated way that the schedule makes it through each neighborhood in Superior, one week at a time. Here are the general neighborhood breakdown by scheduled week:
- Week of May 2: Allouez / Itasca / South End
- Week of May 9: Billings Park
- Week of May 16: North End / Downtown / Wade Bowl / 18 Oakes
- Week of May 23: UWS / High School / Tower Avenue Plaza / Middle School
- Week of May 30: Central Park / East End
According to details shared by the City of Superior, residents should have their items out and available for pickup by 7:00 AM on the first day of the scheduled week for collection. Residents who fail to get their items out by the necessary time on the correct day chance their items not being picked up; those items become the responsibility of the resident to haul away.
So what will the city haul away for residents? Here are some of the guidelines offered by the City of Superior on their website:
Tree/Brush Pile Size:
- The brush collection crew will limit chipping time to 15 minutes per pile
- Piles can be a maximum of 4-feet tall, 15-feet long, and 6-feet deep.
- Individual material size is required to be no shorter than 18-inches, no longer than 12-feet in length, and no larger than 12-inches in diameter.
- The city suggests that "as a general rule of thumb....keep your pile smaller than a standard police car"
Tree/Brush Pile Contents:
- Materials must be from owners who maintain their property
- Materials cut by contractors will not be collected
- Materials cleared from lots or undeveloped property will not be collected
- Remove all roots, stumps, metal, rocks, and dirt
- Do not put brush in bags, boxes or other containers
- Christmas trees and Christmas wreaths must be free of all items (i.e. wires, lights, stands, ornaments)
- Leaves, grass clippings, and garden debris will not be collected
Tree/Brush Pile Location:
- Brush must be piled in a neat and orderly fashion
- Place all cut debris with the trunks facing the street at a 90-degree angle
- Piles need to be placed in the right of way, a maximum of three feet from the curb
- Avoid placing brush piles in ditches, drainage, or sidewalks
- Location of brush pile should be clear from obstructions - like cars, garbage cans, and any overhead wires
- Anything that's placed on private property will not be picked up (i.e. it needs to be in the right of way)
- Alley pickup can be requested - only for locations with limited street access
All additional questions can be directed to the City of Superior: 715-394-0244.
The City of Superior has taken to their Facebook page with additional details.
Residents who need to haul their own brush away can do so by bringing it to the Superior Municipal Landfill - which is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:40 PM and on Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Questions for the Superior Municipal Landfill can be directed at 815-398-7222.