City Of Superior Bagged Leaf Pickup Schedule Announced
One of the sure signs of fall: Bagged leaf collection by the City of Superior! In an effort to make sure Mother Nature's fall harvest doesn't end up in the landfill - and is properly composted - the city offers a free leaf pickup each fall.
This years schedule starts on November 1 and will wrap up by November 14. The schedule follows below.
Residents should leave the bags of leafs near where their normal garbage pickup is. In addition, the following requirements must be met in order to qualify for the pickup:
- Leaves must be bagged and tied.
- Bags of leaves must be free of debris - including paper, wood, plastic, or paper. Bags that contain any of these contaminants will be left behind.
- Brush and grass trimmings will not be picked up. Residents are always welcome to bring brush and grass trimmings to the landfill on their own - during normal hours. Grass trimmings are always free to dispose of but the city does charge $5.00 per car, truck or trailer load of brush; a car or truck with trailer full is $10.00.
Landfill hours are 8:00 AM to 3:40 PM Monday through Friday; Saturday, the landfill is open from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Here is the bagged leaf pickup schedule:
- November 1 – Tuesday Between Belknap Street & North 37th Street and Butler Avenue & Hill Avenue (including Hayes Court)
- November 2 –Wednesday Between North 3rd Street & Belknap Street and Butler Avenue and East 2nd Street
- November 3 – Thursday Between Belknap Street and North 21st Street and Hill Avenue and East 2nd Street
- November 4 –Friday Between North 21st Street and 31st Avenue East and Hill Avenue and East 2nd Street (all of East End)
- November 7 – Monday All of Allouez, Itasca and Allouez Acres
- November 8 – Tuesday All of South Superior and Butler Park
- November 9 –Wednesday Billings Park: Between New York and Butler Avenue and N 21st and N 28th Streets
- November 10 – Thursday Billings Park: Between New York and St. Louis River and Belknap and N 28th also, between North 28th and N 42nd and Butler to St. Louis Bay
- November 11 – Friday Veterans Day, City offices closed/No trash pick up
- November 14 – Monday Billings Park: Between New York and St. Louis River and Belknap and N 28th also, between North 28th and N 42nd and Butler to St. Louis Bay