Arrowhead Ice Fishing + Winter Show Showcases More Than Products
It seems like the Twin Ports has an "indoor expo" aimed at each of the four seasons and Winter is no exception; the Arrowhead Ice Fishing and Winter Show happens December 7, 8, and 9 at the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC). Billed as the "Northland's biggest ice fishing and winter show", organizers have filled the three days with vendors and attractions - just like similar expo's that happen during the rest of the calendar year.
Attendees not only get the chance to shop for various ice fishing necessities, they can also partake in the variety of showcases and demonstrations. Here's a run-down of some of the "side-attractions" that promise an interest for the whole family:
- Frozen Basin: This attraction offers the chance to "fish" in a mock-ice fishing set-up. Each fish offers the chance to take home prizes - all free of charge.
- Life Size Snow Globe: Ever wondered what it would be like to go inside of a snow globe? Well, here's your chance. In fact, organizers are inviting entire families to go inside of the globe to have their picture taken.
- Holiday Grilling with Mad Dog & Merrill: These are daily shows in which the stars demonstrate grilling techniques and tips live on stage.
- Feed the Wild Animals: A variety of different animals will be on exhibit - perfect for the kids to interact with.
- Food: The Alaskan Brewing Company will offer beer (of course) along with fish sandwiches, soup, hot and cold deli sandwiches, desserts, and more.
- Ice Box Talk with the Pro's: A daily series of topic-based discussions about ice fishing.
The show should be a hit with most Northlanders - who are eager to find something to do during the cold winter months ahead. And to me - that's the "magic" of these indoor seasonal expo's; along with sporting goods, I think they put the wherewithal of our community to "accentuate the positive" on display: Instead of complaining about the cold winter months, we find ways to not only get outside and enjoy them - we also enjoy planning and dreaming about all of that fun.
Here are the hours and prices for the Arrowhead Ice Fishing and Winter Show:
- Friday, December 7: 12:00 Noon - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, December 8: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Sunday, December 9: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Adults (13 and older): $10.00
Kids (12 and under): FREE