A List Of Halloween Events For Your Family To Do In Superior
It seems like there are two camps when it comes to Halloween: those who really get into the celebration with costumes, decorations, and candy and those who roll their eyes when they see the first items show up at the store right after the 4th of July. Whichever side of the aisle you sit on, one thing most can agree on is that Halloween was tailor-made for kids and those with families often seek out all of the events that happen leading up to October 31.
This year in Superior, there are a a few events planned that will surely please everyone carrying a Jack O' Lantern and wielding a costume. Here's a list of the who, what, where, and when so that you don't miss out.
- The Haunt At Wentworth Gardens: Happens now through October 27, with a variety of Friday and Saturday times. What's in store if you visit? Besides the haunted house, there is also a corn maze, bouncy house, pumpkins, face painting, hayrides, concessions, even tree and shrub sales (it is located at a greenhouse, after all). Many of the events occur indoors, so this makes a great event for the whole family - even if the weather isn't so great. There is even a "not-so-scary" haunted house planned for the really young trick-or-treaters. Wentworth Gardens is located just 10 minutes outside of Superior, off Highway 2 in Wentworth, Wisconsin: 4474 S Wentworth Road. Click here to visit their Facebook page for open dates and hours.
- Superior Spooktacular Parade: Happens Saturday, October 13 starting at 2:00 PM. The route takes the floats down Ogden Avenue from North 12th Street to Broadway, then right to Hughitt - where it ends at the Pumpkin Patch. Bring the kids in costume for extra fun!
- Fairlawns October the 13th Flashlight Tour: Happens Saturday, October 13, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM. Tour Fairlawn Museum in the dark - with flashlights - and learn about the superstitious life of the Victorians. Admission is $10.00 for adults, $8.00 for seniors and college students, $5.00 for students. This event is not recommended for kids 5 and under.
- 9th Annual Trick or Treat at the Superior Public Library: Happens Saturday, October 27 - 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Bring the kids in costume to trick-or-treat indoors at the library. This years theme is Willy Wonka. There will also be a craft project they can participate in.
- Fairlawns Superstition Tour: Happens Monday, October 29, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM. This event is similar in nature to the October the 13th Flashlight Tour. Bring your own flashlight.
- Trick-or-Treat Storytime at the Superior Public Library: Happens Tuesday, October 23 - starting at 10:30 AM. Bring the young ones in costume for a Halloween-themed story, candy, and a craft project. This event is part of the libraries usual Tuesday Storytime Program.