LOCATION Duluth, MN
Full-time with Benefits, Mon.-Fri. 8am-5pm, Starting pay $11.00/hr.
JOB SUMMARY Townsquare Media Duluth has an immediate opening for a full-time Receptionist/Traffic Assistant. As an integral member of the radio station’s administrative support staff, this position requires an outgoing personality and professional but friendly demeanor, with the ability to be flexible and multi-task in a busy atmosphere.
Job duties to include operation of a multi-line switchboard, receiving and directing incoming calls, distribution of prize giveaways to contest winners including maintenance of prize winners’ paperwork, greet and assist station visitors, maintenance of a log of all job applicants that come to the station offices, the daily sorting and distribution of incoming mail, assist Traffic Coordinator with daily logs and monthly billing, order and maintain office supplies, and other various administrative duties. The successful Receptionist will also be familiar with radio station promotions and events, as well as programming content and the station’s on-air personalities.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS The successful Candidate will be team-oriented, possess excellent computer (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint), organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision. Work experience in an Administrative support/Receptionist position required, with this prior experience having been gained in broadcasting, or other media- related business operation is a plus.
Please apply through this link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oWUl2fwX&s=Market_Outreach
Or mail, email, or fax resume, to:
Justin Jerve, Business Manager
14 E. Central Entrance
Duluth, MN 55811
No phone calls please
Assistant Digital Managing Editor
Full-time, salaried with benefits.
Townsquare Media Duluth has an immediate opening for a full-time, salaried Assistant Digital Managing Editor. This individual will work in concert with the Digital Managing Editor in the process of overseeing the editorial operations of our digital properties; which include our radio station websites, social media accounts, YouTube Channels, and online broadcast streams with the core focus of creating vital, engaging, and locally-oriented digital content and growing the audience for that content.
The right candidate is a self-starting individual that can thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented team environment with an ability to not only conceptualize entertaining and informative content ideas, but also be able to execute the process to bring these ideas to our audience.
The successful candidate should have strong communication skills, especially in writing and editing. This individual should be able to write using various tones, from humorous to informative, depending on the subject. Familiarity with AP Style and other web writing styles, the WordPress web platform, and HTML are all a plus.
A general knowledge of the video production process is also important, with an ability conceptualize, shoot, edit, and publish video to the web. Experience with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and publishing content to YouTube are a plus.
Mail or email your resume materials to:
Nick Stoltman, Digital Managing Editor
14 E. Central Entrance
Duluth, MN 55811
Or submit application here: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3X8dMhwQ
No phone calls please
POSTING DATE: 1/8/16
DIRECTOR OF INTEGRATED SALES
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Integrated Sales manages sales activities of the following revenue line; radio, digital, live events and our line of interactive products. This individual will manage and oversee the daily operations of the market’s integrated sales department. The successful Director of Integrated Sales will use independent judgment and discretion to develop strategies to attain sales revenue and market share goals within the region. The DOIS sets performance goals and regularly directs the Multi-Media Specialist in achieving these goals through inventory management, proper pricing strategies and serving customer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the local sales team in creating value and delivering results for our advertising partners while insuring a positive experience for consumers and overall brand.
- Develops and implements strategic integrated sales plans to accommodate corporate, market and product goals.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance budgets and goals accordingly.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the Sales Department.
- Prepare and monitor sales reports showing booked and projected revenues across all product lines.
- Direct market research and development.
- Continuously monitors inventory on all products and sets price schedules accordingly.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by Corporate and Market Manager
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations
- Weekly on-street (75%+) presence meeting with key clients, assisting specialist with presentations and in-field coaching
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Participating and being a key member of the leadership team
- Must have advertising industry experience including but limited to; TV, Radio, Print, Digital ad products.
- 3+ years of overall advertising sales experience
- 3+ years of sales management experience
- Track record of leading sales teams to meet and exceed revenue goals
Derek J. Falter
Market President Chief Revenue Officer
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Hype Machine, Just Jared, Brooklyn Vegan, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, XXL, XXL Magazine, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.