What Vikings Game Goers Need To Know About U.S. Bank Stadium Regs
Football season is here and that means many armchair quarterbacks will be following their favorite teams as they chase the professional championship. For many local fans, a drive to a home game isn't that far way - for both Vikings and Packer fans. And with a new stadium, many Minnesota Viking fans are eager to check out U.S. Bank Stadium as it enters its 3rd season as the home field.
One of the often-asked questions for visitors to U.S. Bank Stadium is "what can I"...or "what can't I bring"? Thankfully, the Vikings have listed some do's and don't on their website - along with some general reminders to fans that are attending a home game down in the Twin Cities.
A major issue for many is the Viking's "Clear Bag Policy" - a set of regulations designed to keep patrons safe and make it easier for staff to keep them safe. Here is what the website has to say about what bags are allowed into U.S. Bank Stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (official NFL team logo clear plastic tote bags are available through club merchandise outlets or at nflshop.com).
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or
- strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose, including breast pumps.
As far as the general reminders go, team officials remind game goers that gates open two hours ahead of the kickoff time - which is shorter than they had opened in seasons prior. Home office staff is also encouraging goers to utilize the Mobile Entry app which is downloadable to your smart device. The app allows game goers the ability to go to a game without a paper ticket.