Walmart-Country Fresh Brand Fruit Recalled Due To Listeria Concerns
A wide-spread recall of fresh, cut, ready-to-eat fruits available at Walmart has been expanded to include 9 different states. According to the United States Food and Drug Administration, the concern is due to health risks associated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The product involves the "Country Fresh" brand - also labeled as "Freshness Guaranteed" - of cut-up, ready-to-eat fruits. The fruit is sold in the produce and deli section at Walmart in clear, see-through clam shell containers. While there are a variety of different fruit types and mixes involved, they all contain "best if used by dates" between October 3, 2020 and October 11, 2020.
Here is a breakdown of the products involved at the present time:
- Apple Grape Tray - UPC# 68113118012
- Green Apple Slices - UPC #68113118006
- Mixed Apple Slices - UPC # 68113118007
- Red Apple Slices - 14oz - UPC # 68113118004
- Red Apple Sliced - 32 oz - UPC # 68113118010
- Cantaloupe Chunks - 10 oz - UPC # 68113118014
- Cantaloupe Chunks - 16 oz - UPC # 68113118015
- Seasonal Fruit Tray - UPC # 68113118023
- Summer Blend - UPC # 68113135509
- Tropical Blend - UPC # 68113135510
- Mango Chunk 10 oz - UPC # 68113118037
- Mango Spears 16 oz - UPC # 68113118038
- Pineapple Grape Mango Blend - UPC # 68113118039
- Pineapple Chunks 10 oz - UPC # 68113118042
- Pineapple Chunks 16 oz - UPC # 68113118046
- Pineapple Chunks 42 oz - UPC # 68113118043
- Pineapple Spears - UPC # 68113118044
- Red Grapes - UPC # 68113118047
- Seasonal Blend 10 oz - UPC # 68113118048
- Seasonal Blend 16 oz - UPC # 68113118049
- Seasonal Blend 32 oz - UPC # 68113118050
- Seasonal Trio - UPC # 68113118069
According to the US FDA, the risk comes from Listeria being detected on equipment used in an area near where these products are packed. The Listeria was discovered during a recent inspection.
At the present time, there have been no known health or medical issues associated with these products. The recall is completely voluntary in nature and is strictly in caution.
Walmart retail stores are removing the recalled product from store shelves and inventories immediately. Customers who have any recalled product on the list should not consume it and discard it immediately.
KEEP READING: Here are 6 foods from your cookout that could harm your dog