The City Of Duluth Parks and Recreation Department Has Announced Fall Schedule
Just like that, Summer is pretty much gone in the Twin Ports and even though the pandemic is still around you can still enjoy some fun things to do outside for kids and adults. The Duluth Parks and Recreation Department just released their Fall Activities schedule.
With the COVID-19 Pandemic still around the Parks and Recreation Department has taken steps in assuring that safety is incorporated in all the programs. Megan Lidd, Recreation Specialist for the Duluth Parks & Recreation Department said to WDIO " All of our programs are within the guidelines of the Minnesota Department of Health. Outdoors right now we can have up to 25 people in our programs and some of them are capped at different levels depending on those programs."
Here is a sample of some of the activities. Some of the programs do have fees but they do offer Financial Assistance for those who qualify.
- Fall In Love With Dance: Ages 3-8-this group offers an outdoor community dance class that is 6 weeks long.
- Nature Knowledge: For All Ages- learn about the natural world around us at these educational activities based in our parks throughout the city.
- Hiking Groups: Full Moon Hike-(All Ages)- Women Hike Duluth: All Ages- and Saturday Hikes.
- Archery : Ages 10+ Two different levels
- Guided Snowshoe Hike: Ages; 8+ Hike will range 1-2 miles in distance, with elevation change Snowshoes are included and children’s sizes are available .
- Learn to Disc Golf: All ages
Some Indoor activities are in the planning stage as well. This is a great opportunity to stay active while the cooler weather descends upon the Northland. For more information on all the Fall programs or to get registered Click Here.
10 Reasons You Should Move To Duluth Right Now