Tastykake Cupcakes Recalled Due To Contamination With Metal Wire
An earlier recall for a popular cupcake product has been expanded. Flowers Foods, Inc. has added more its Tastykake varieties to the recall due to contamination issues. The potential for the presence of tiny fragments of metal mesh wire is the concern.
Initially, only four of Flowers Foods Tastykake cupcake products were involved in the recall that was announced on October 31. An addition nine product varieties were added on November 3.
The United States Food and Drug Administration is reporting that the recall was initiated by a vendor; that vendor had reason to believe that a supplied ingredient to the Flowers Foods manufacturer could be contaminated with the metal wire.
At the present time, there have been no incidents or medial situations reported with the product. The recall has been originated out of an abundance of caution.
Here is a summary of the product names and descriptions included in the recall effort. The complete list - which details the UPC numbers and "Enjoy By Date"[s] of the affected products are available on the U.S. Food and Drug Administrations website.
- Tastykake Chocolate Cupcakes - 12.75 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - 14.25 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Buttercreme Ice Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - 14.25 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Buttercreme Ice Creme Filled Chocolate Cupcakes - 14.25 ounce (6-2ct) - inner packages sold separately
- Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets - 12 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets - 12 ounce (6-2ct) - 2 ounce (2ct) - inner packages sold seperately
- Tastykake Creme Filled Krimpets - 14.25 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Jelly Krimpets - 12 ounce (6-2ct)
- Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets (Club Pack) - 24 ounce (12-2ct)
- Tastykake 3ct Butterscotch Krimpets - 3 ounce (3ct)
- Tastykake 3ct Jelly Krimpets - 3 ounce (3ct)
Here are a variety of product images provided by the company and the U.S. FDA to allow you to easily identify what Tastykake products are included in the recall:
Customers who believe that they have the recalled product in their possession should not consume it. Items may be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Additional questions can be directed at the Flowers Foods Consumer Relations Center: 1-866-245-8921.