Superior Public Library Remodel Update – Week Of February 12
The $2.1 million remodel project at the Superior Public Library is well underway! Even a quick walk through the facility lends itself to observing the work that's already been completed as well as the scope of what's currently underway.
Early on in the project, officials with the library set up an online blog to keep everyone updated on what's been happening with the remodel; the blog even includes pictures so that you can see the progress for yourself.
There's a lot of work happening this week (Feb 12-17). Here are some hightlights:
- To facilitate carpet removal and asbestos abatement, the library will be closing early on Thursday - at 5:30 PM. The library will remain closed all day on Friday, re-opening for regular hours on Saturday at 10:00 AM.
- To make room for the work being done on the Children's Room, the materials, furniture and librarian have been relocated to the main library room for the time being.
- Children's Room computers have also been temporarily relocated. You'll now find available terminals for those age 17 and under in the spot where the main computers are located.
- Storytime has been brought back temporarily to the library. The Storytime on February 20 will happen in the Chandelier Area. In order to protect the new carpeting, a cute sock theme is in place with a matching book. Kids are encouraged to find and wear their cutest socks to storytime. Prizes will be awarded! After February 20, Tuesday Storytime will be back at the Billings Park Civic Center until further notice.
- Monday Lego Night continues as usual - at the library - at it's usual time of 6:00 to 8:00 PM.