Minnesota Twins Have Big Plans For Opening Day
John Shuster and the Men's Gold Medal Winning curling team aren't done with public appearances. The MN Twins announced the Curling team will all throw out the first pitch for opening day, among other fun things going on.
The Minnesota Twins will face Seattle on Opening Day at Target Field, Thursday, April 5 with a 3:10 p.m. start. The first 30,000 fans in attendance will receive a black Twins hooded sweatshirt. You can see the full schedule to see each promotion.
According To The MN Twins press release, Opening Day activities include:
- Breakfast on the Plaza – From 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., fans are invited to drive down 7th Street (adjacent to the Majestic Twins Clubhouse Store) and grab a free ballpark breakfast. Fans will also be able to take photos, enter to win tickets and even receive some of their free items from Twins alumni players.
- Noon to 2:15 pm – DJ Advance will perform on the balcony overlooking Target Plaza.
- 1:00 pm – Gates open, with former Twins legends Bert Blyleven (Killebrew gate), Rod Carew, Tom Kelly, Tony Oliva and Kent Hrbek along with Kirby Puckett Jr. and Catherine Puckett will assisting in officially opening the ballpark gates.
- The National Anthem will be performed by Dessa.
- A flyover will feature four T-38s from the United States Air Force.
- Fireworks during team introductions.
- The IDS Building, Nicollet Mall, and Target Corporate Building will be lit in Twins colors the week of April 2nd while the Lowry Avenue Bridge will be lit April 4th and 5th, and the 35W Bridge will be lit April 5th.