‘Larger Than Life’ Lights Attraction Coming to Duluth’s Lake Superior Zoo
The holidays are always a magical time in the Northland, with great attractions like Bentleyville, Glensheen Mansion and Exhibition Drive making it even easier to get into the holiday spirit every year. As we approach another holiday season, families get to add another attraction to their list.
The Lake Superior Zoo in Duluth is launching an all-new event called Larger Than Life, which likely become another holiday favorite. Lake Superior Zoo, which is already a lot of fun on its own, already adds to Halloween with Boo At The Zoo so it only makes sense that they would have something special for Christmas.
Larger Than Life is an after-hours event that will take place on many evenings throughout the holiday season. Lake Superior Zoo says it'll feature six giant animal inflatables that will be among a fun and colorful assortment of holiday-themed lights.
While they didn't release the exact dimensions of these "giant" animal inflatables, they do promise that they are HUGE and will create some amazing photo opportunities. You may want to hold off on picking pictures for your family Christmas card until you pay the Lake Superior Zoo a visit.
Larger Than Life opens for the first time on Friday, November 26, from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Admission is $5 for members and $10 for nonmembers.
It will then be available on the following evenings, during those same hours and with those admission prices:
- November 26, 27, 28
- December 2,3,4,5,9,10,11,12,16,17,18,19,23,26,30,31
Once the attraction is open, you'll be able to purchase tickets in advance. You can also secure them each available evening at the Lake Superior Zoo.
Of course, the Lake Superior Zoo will continue to provide the opportunity to see their animals such as their ring-tailed lemurs, black crested mangabey monkeys, sloth, and a lot more.
Zoo officials add the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop will be stocked with gifts like light-up gloves, exclusive Zoo hats, local and sustainable unique items, and other gift ideas. Also, you'll be able to warm up at the Safari Café, who will have specialty hot cocoa and other snacks.
If you're curious of what health and safety guidelines will be in place. Here is what visitors can expect:
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo. Guests are encouraged to follow CDC and MDH recommendations of using hand sanitizer and washing their hands.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Masks are required by City of Duluth public building policies while visiting indoor buildings.
- Guests are required maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff will monitor their health each day prior to reporting to work.
- Zoo staff are required to wear masks while working inside.