Hermantown Passes New Ordinance For Snowmobiles And All-Terrain Vehicles
If you operate a snowmobile or ATV in the Hermantown city limits - you need to know about the new ordinance passes by the City.
Officials with the Hermantown Police Department are alerting the public to these important changes to educate the public.
- Snowmobiles may now be operated on the far right portion of designated City Streets, the shoulder of City Streets. In addition, snowmobiles may operate in the inside bank or slope of County Roads designated on the city Snowmobile and ATV map as regulated by City of Hermantown Ordinance No. 2014-15.
- Type I ATVs may be operated on the far right portion of designated City Streets and shoulder of City Streets and the inside bank or slope of County Roads as designated by the Snowmobile and ATV map.
- Type II ATVs may be operated on the far right portion of City and County roadways as designated by the Snowmobile and ATV map.
All ATV's must have a permit issued by the City in order to operate on roadways within the city. Permits can be purchased through the Hermantown Police Department by application.
Applicants must submit the Application for Permit to Operate ATV's in order to receive a permit to ride on designated roadways.
Items needed at the time of application:
- A copy of the proof of insurance
- A copy of the ATV Owner’s MN DNR ATV Registration.
The fee for the permit will be based on the registration date of the MN DNR ATV Registration; up to $15 per ATV, ($5.00 per year and will correspond with your MN DNR Registration). Payment can either be made by cash or check payable to the City of Hermantown.
Applications for permits are available at the Hermantown Police Department Monday – Friday between 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM. The Police Department is located at 5111 Maple Grove Rd, Hermantown, MN 55811.
Information courtesy of the Hermantown Police Department.