Here’s What You Need to Know Ahead Of the Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe Minnesota Show
After having to postpone their U.S. Bank Stadium show last year due to the pandemic, Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe will bring their Stadium Tour to Minneapolis on Sunday.
Joining them August 14 at U.S. Bank Stadium will be Poison and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, with newcomers, Classless Act getting things started.
As the show gets closer, many concert-goers have questions about things like what is the bag policy, what type of security will be in place at the stadium, are there COVID-19 protocols in place for this event, etc.
Here are the answers to some of most popular questions, according to U.S. Bank Stadium policy and my personal experience:
What is the U.S. Bank Stadium Bag Policy?
This is a Clear Bag Policy event. Only bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” will be permitted into the stadium. Small clutch bags that are 8.5" x 5.5" with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
Can You Use Cash at the Concert?
U.S. Bank Stadium now provides a fully cashless experience for events. Cash payments are no longer accepted inside U.S. Bank Stadium. Guests must bring credit and debit cards or use contactless options like Apple Pay for all purchases.
Will There Be Any COVID-19 Protocols?
At this time, proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test are not required. Also, face masks are no longer mandated by local and state government and are not required. Guests are encouraged to wear a mask based on their own comfort level.
U.S Bank Stadium notes that by purchasing tickets to an event, unless prohibited by law, you agree to abide by the health/safety protocols and policies in effect at the time of the event.
Will Tickets Purchased For Original Date Be Accepted At Rescheduled Concert?
Yes! Any legitimate tickets purchased for the the rescheduled dates on this tour will be accepted on the 2022 tour dates.
U.S Bank Stadium adds if you have tickets on your mobile device, locate the tickets in the Ticketmaster App or the mobile Ticketmaster website. Ticket barcodes can be found in the Ticketmaster app or website under My Account. Downloading ticket(s) to a phone's digital wallet prior to the event is recommended as it will allow for seamless entry into the stadium if there is limited cell phone service.
There are still tickets available for the show.
What Type of Security Screening Can I Expect To Encounter?
Metal detector screening and a search of all bags and other items being carried in will take place at stadium gates. There are no provisions available at the stadium to store or safeguard any prohibited bags. Guests will be asked to return prohibited items to their cars.
What Am I Allowed Bring Into U.S. Bank Stadium?
Per their current policy, guests are welcome to carry-in the following items into U.S. Bank Stadium:
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6” or less in length
- Hand-carried jackets or blankets which will be searched upon entry
The following items are NOT permitted to be carried into U.S. Bank Stadium:
- Any bag larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Hard sided containers or coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags and seat cushions*
- Glass, cans, aluminum bottles or thermoses of any kind*
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras or mono/tripods (no spectator cameras with lenses over six inches long will be permitted)
- Laptop computers
- Firearms, knives or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners, or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells or other distracting noisemakers
- Any devices that may interfere with and/or distract any sports or event participant, other guests, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or event, or any technology-related service provided in the stadium
- Projectiles (ie.., Frisbees, beach balls, footballs, etc)
- Aerosol cans (ie.., mace, pepper spray, hairspray, etc.)
- Fireworks, Confetti or glitter
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards, hover boards and Segways*
- Outside food*
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
Where Should I Park?
If you're not staying at a hotel within walking distance and need to drive into downtown Minneapolis for the show, keep in mind there is not a big parking lot at U.S. Bank Stadium. Once you get within several blocks of the venue, you will city some smaller lots and plenty of ramps that you can utilize.
If you're like me, you'll want to take a picture of where you parked (parking level, street sign, etc) as it's easy to get turned around when exiting U.S. Bank Stadium.
Have a great time at the show! Remember, things will officially get underway early on Sunday. Doors are scheduled to open at 3:30 p.m. and the music starts at 4:00 p.m. with Classless Act.
CHECK IT OUT: The 88 Most '80s Things About 1988
16 Guests Who Were Banned From 'Saturday Night Live'