Chris Allen Sharing My Grandma June’s Meat Loaf Recipe
I see a lot of people trying new recipes because they are tired of the same old thing, and showing pictures of what they make online.
I thought it would be fun to share a recipe you find or one that has been handed down. I am getting it started by sharing my Grandma June's Meatloaf recipe. It's a little different, it's got cottage cheese in it.
First of all let me say, my Grandma June could cook. She also made home made chicken soup that could make me lose my cold in two days. I have used her recipe but I just don't have the touch. I will share some more of her recipes too.
Here Is Grandma June's Meatloaf Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- 2 lb ground beef
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella , shredded
- Preheat over to 350. In large bowl, combine 1 cup cracker crumbs, beef, eggs, tomato paste, onion, garlic powder, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.