Axe Throwing Now Available at Minnesota’s North Shore Adventure Park
A trip up Minnesota's North Shore is always a great idea. There are beautiful sights to behold, outdoor adventures to be had and fun businesses to visit. This week, another activity option opened to the public and this one is pretty cool.
The North Shore’s first permanent outdoor axe throwing venue opened Wednesday at the North Shore Adventure Park in Silver Bay. If you've never tried axe throwing, I recommend you give it a try. I had my first experience just this year in Minneapolis and it didn't take long to get the hang of it. Now, I'm not saying I'm a pro, I'm just saying I got it to stick more times than not and we all had a great time.
According to the North Shore Adventure, axe throwing is one of the fastest growing sports in the country and new venues seem to pop up every day. What makes this one unique is that it is outdoors, permanent and covered. It's also the only axe throwing venue between Duluth and Thunder Bay.
They're happy to host this "fun, low-stress activity that is perfect for friends, family, and groups." They also have coaches onsite to help get you started and provide tips.
Axe Throwing is available from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on their operating days, which change throughout the year.
Axe throwing lanes can be booked in advance, with each reservation lasting one hour. The cost is $60 per lane, with each lane accommodating up to 4 people.
Here are some basic rules to keep in mind:
- All participants must sign a waiver, complete orientation, and wear a wristband.
- The minimum age is 12. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult who must also be a participant (unless you are a member of the Teen Club).
- Close-toed shoes are required.
- Only one thrower per target is allowed inside the throwing area.
- Spectators must remain behind the spectator barrier at all times.
- Causes for termination without refund include: You are visibly intoxicated, smell of drugs or alcohol, or are impaired in any way. You violate rules or put yourself or anyone else in harm's way.
North Shore Adventure Park is located at 42 Outer Drive in Silver Bay, which is about an hour from the Twin Ports. They also offer a high ropes course, a zipline and the Lil' Rascals Adventure Playground.
CHECK IT OUT: The best county to live in for each state
LOOK: The best minigolf in every state