148th Participating In Another Round of Frontline Worker Flyovers
This Wednesday, May 13, the 148th Fighter Wing will participate in another round of flyovers to recognize frontline workers in the COVID-19 response, including those working at several facilities across the Northland.
The 148th Fighter Wing will be joining the 133rd Airlift Wing and 934th Airlift Wing to cover a lot of territory Wednesday. According to a post on the Minnesota National Guard Facebook page:
The flight path for Wednesday will reach the following communities: Aitkin, Albert Lea, Alexandria, Baudette, Bemidji, Big Fork, Blue Earth, Burnsville, Cloquet, Cook, Crosby, Detroit Lakes, Duluth, Edina, Ely, Fergus Falls, Grand Marais, Grand Rapids, Hermantown, Hibbing, International Falls, Jackson, Luverne, Mankato, Marshall, Moorhead, New Prague, New Ulm, Northfield, Redwood Falls, Rochester, Roseau, Shakopee, Silver Bay, Thief River Falls, Two Harbors, Virginia, and Worthington in Minnesota and Ashland, Bayfield, Eagle River Florence, and Superior in Wisconsin, and Crystal Falls, Ironwood, and Ontonagon in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Those in the Northland can expect to get a good look at the flyover at these locations and times:
- Lakeview Hospital in Two Harbors: 10:55 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
- Silver Bay Veterans Home: 11:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- Essentia Health / Twin Ports VA Clinic in Superior: 11:45 a.m. - Noon
- Following the Shoreline East to West in Duluth: 11:48 a.m. - 12:03 p.m.
- Miller Creek, Essentia Gov. Services Building in Hermantown: 11:48 a.m. - 12:03 p.m.
- Cloquet Memorial Hospital: 12:20 p.m. - 12:35 p.m.
You can click the link below to see the entire flyover schedule for Wednesday, courtesy of the Minnesota National Guard. This round of flyovers does cover a significant number of cities and locations where frontline workers are tirelessly battling the pandemic.