DTA Implements Service Changes Effective August 25
Public transportation offers one of the easiest and safest ways to get around town and in the Twin Ports, we're lucky to have service from the Duluth Transit Authority. The DTA provides routes that circumnavigate the entire Twin Ports metro. Some of those routes will see changes which become effective Sunday, August 25; these changes were voted on and approved by the DTA Board of Directors due to route performance and service requests.
Here is a breakdown of the impending service changes, broken down by route numbers:
- Route 5: One morning trip will be added from New Duluth to the Mall Area. Departs New Duluth at 5:58 AM, arriving at Lake Superior College at 6:34 SAM, and at Mall Door 8 at 6:40 AM.
- Route 15: Saturday "From Downtown" trips adjusted from :45 after the hour to :155. "To Downtown" trip departing Park Point at 6:04 PM adjusted to 6:13 PM.
- Route 20: Route eliminated due to low ridership.
- Route 22: Route eliminated due to low ridership.
- Route 24: New route added which serves Superior Street in the downtown area and the Bayfront area - including the Aquarium, DECC, Vista Docks, William A. Irvin museum, and Marcus-Duluth Cinema.
To get more information about these route and service changes are any details in regards to the DTA, click here.