Douglas County Plans Aggressive Road Project Schedule For 2017
We may not like to see orange cones along the roadway in the summer months but the end-result is always nice. Along those lines, Douglas County road crews have planned an aggressive schedule of projects for the upcoming summer months. Their Facebook page outlines the work planned.
From pulverize and pave projects to bridge replacements, drivers can expect to see a variety of work; some will include lane restrictions and others will involve detours.
Here is a rundown of what's in store:
- Balsam Creek River Bridge Replacement: On CTH B, 1 mile west of CTH B. No timeframe has been established. CTH B will be closed during construction.
- Soo Line Bridge Replacement: On CTH C, just west of STH 35.
- CTH D to CTH B Lane Reconstruction: Project will begin April 11. Involves asphalt paving and gravel shouldering.
- STH 105 Chip Seal - Oliver Bridge to BN Railroad crossing.
- USH 2 Chip Seal - Clevedon Road to Sznaider Road.
- USH 27 Chip Seal - CTH B to USH 2.
- CTH P - CTH L to CTH B pulverize and pave.
- CTH Y - USH 53 to Barron Drive pulverize and pave.
- Various crack and fill projects on State and County Highways.