You’re Invited To KOOL 101.7 Thursday October 17th, For A Kitchen Fire Prevention Demonstration By The Duluth Fire Department
Taste of Home Cooking School is coming October 30th to the Marshall School. Tickets can be purchased here. The Taste of Home Cooking School Chefs stress kitchen safety at all times. Know where your escape route is and know where to find your fire extinguisher, or Baking Soda.
You are invited to stop by the KOOL studio at 14 East Central Entrance, we will have as our guests the Duluth Fire Department, with their new Kitchen Fire Prevention truck. They will do a demonstration in our parking lot at 2:30pm.
Many families use the kitchen as a gathering place, food is love, food is family and sometimes they don’t pay attention to details and it can be deadly. Here is some tips from FEMA:
- Don’t wear loose clothing (especially hanging sleeves)
- Don’t walk away from a cooking pot on the stove, or leave items that can catch fire.
- Keep track of your potholders or paper towels, around the stove.
- Choose the Right Equipment and Use It Properly
- Always use cooking equipment tested and approved by a recognized testing facility.
- Follow manufacturers’ instructions and code requirements when installing and operating cooking equipment.
- Plug microwave ovens and other cooking appliances directly into a wall outlet. Never use an extension cord for a cooking appliance – it can overload the circuit and cause a fire.
For more safety tips, Click Here