Where Can You Get A Free Thanksgiving Dinner In Duluth? 24th Annual Thanksgiving Buffet Happens At The DECC On November 28
For the last 24 years, generous businesses, organizations, and individuals have given of their time, talent, and funds to put on a free Thanksgiving Day Dinner for individuals. This year's event happens Thursday, November 28 from 11AM to 4PM at the DECC in Duluth.
Individuals living in Duluth, Superior, Carlton, Cloquet, Two Harbors, and the surrounding communities are invited to eat for free - no matter what their household income. It's an event that was built to not only help those in need, but to also give those people who might not have anywhere to go for Thanksgiving a place to dine with others.
Some things you should know about the event:
- There will be musical entertainment, free books, crafts, and pictures with Santa for the kids. There will even be a cider making station.
- Because Thanksgiving falls on Hanukkah this year, organizers have included a traditional Jewish menu item. [Hanukkah last fell on Thanksgiving in 1888, and it won't happen again for another 70,000+ years. ]
- Free busing will be provided by the DTA.
- Great Lakes Aquarium will hand out passes to the aquarium on Thanksgiving Day to those who attend the dinner.
- An expected 5,000 people will attend the event. That begs the question: How much food does it take to prepare that many meals?
- 1,800 pounds of Roasted Turkey
- 2,000 pounds of Potatoes
- 150 gallons of Gravy
- 700 pounds of locally-grown Squash
- 6,000 dinner rolls
- 450 pounds of each: Carrots, Green Beans, Cranberries
- 2,000 cartons of Milk