Weekend Update For Twin Cites Road Projects; MNDOT Officials Urge Drivers To Plan Ahead
If you're headed to the Twin Cities this weekend, you'll want to know about the road construction projects that are currently in progress in the metro area.
As the summer road construction season winds down, Minnesota Department of Transportation officials warn drivers about an unusually large number of projects in the metro that will more than likely affect your travel plans.
Drivers are urged to plan ahead, pay attention to signs, and use extra caution when encountering work zones.
Specific projects to look out for this weekend:
- • Hwy 3 - closed between 70th Street and Allen Way in Inver Grove Heights.
- • Hwy 10 - single lane both directions between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and just east of Seventh Avenue.
- • I-35 - single lane southbound between I-35/I-35W/I-35E split and County Road 50.
- • I-35W – closed westbound Ramsey County Rd 10 ramp to southbound I-35W and the northbound ramp to westbound Ramsey County Road 10.
- • I-35W – closed southbound ramp to north/east Highway 13.
- • Hwy 36 - closed both directions between White Bear Avenue and Hwy 61 and single-lane traffic between Hwy 61 and Edgerton Street. Ramp closures include northbound Hwy 61 to eastbound Hwy 36; westbound Hwy 36 to northbound Hwy 61; southbound Hwy 61 to westbound Hwy 36.
- • Hwy 65 - closed both directions between Osborne Road Northeast and 81st Avenue NE.
- • Hwy 95 - closed both directions between County Rd 12 and County Rd 16.
- • Hwy 169 - ramp closed from Hwy 101/ Hwy 13 to northbound Hwy 169.
- • I-494 - closed westbound between I-35W and Hwy 100.
- • I-694 - ramp closed from eastbound I-694 to Hwy 65 (Central Avenue).
As always, additional information is available by clicking here.