Twin Cites Road Projects To Affect Travel This Weekend; MNDOT Officials Urge Drivers To Plan Ahead
As the summer road construction season winds down, Minnesota Department of Transportation officials warn drivers about an unusually large number of projects in the metro that will more than likely affect your travel plans.
Drivers are urged to plan ahead, pay attention to signs, and use extra caution when encountering work zones.
Specific projects to look out for this weekend:
- • Highway 10 – single-lane between West Main Street/Greenhaven Road and Seventh Avenue
- • Interstate 35W – closed northbound between the I-35/35W/35E Split and Highway 13 in Burnsville
- • Interstate 35 – single-lane southbound between the split in Burnsville and County Road 42.
- • Highway 36 – closed both directions between Highway 61 and White Bear Avenue
- • Highway 52 Lafayette bridge - Vehicle length restrictions remain in effect; no vehicles longer than 35 feet allowed
- • Highway 95 –closed both directions between County Road 12 and Hwy 16
- • Highway 169 – single lane both directions between County Road 21 in Shakopee and Pioneer Trail in Bloomington
- • Highway 169 – closed southbound between Highway 55 in Golden Valley and 77th Avenue in Brooklyn Park
- • I-694 – single lane eastbound between Highway 100 in Brooklyn Center and Long Lake Road in New Brighton between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. westbound single lane from Highway 65 to Highway 100 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m.
As always, additional information is available by clicking here.