Twelve Northland Organizations To Receive Automated External Defibrillators Courtesy of the Northland Chapter of the American Red Cross
The Northland Chapter of the American Red Cross will present Automated External Defibrillators (AED's) to 12 different northland organizations to assure the distribution of these potential life-saving devices.
The Red Cross will award the AED's at a ceremony held at their offices on Wednesday, October 10th - starting at 1PM.
The AED's are part of a grant program that was sponsored by Heartbeat Northland - a program launched in May 2011. Heartbeat Northland is a regional partnership of nonprofit organizations, municipalities, emergency responders, and interested groups that was developed by the Northland Chapter of the American Red Cross to save lives from Sudden Cardiac Arrest through training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), quick access to AED's, and public education.
The recipients of the AED's include:
- Arrowhead Youth Soccer Association, Duluth
- Backus Community Center, International Falls
- Boys and Girls Club Lincoln Park, Duluth
- Duluth Children’s Museum, Duluth
- Duluth YMCA Aquatics, Duluth
- First United Methodist Church, Duluth
- Grand Lake Community Center, Grand Lake
- Midway Township Community Hall, Duluth
- Mont du Lac Ski Patrol, Superior
- Proctor Area Community Center, Proctor
- Salem Lutheran Church, Mahtowa, and
- YMCA Camp Miller, Duluth